Picture of 272C with attachments that I promised!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qzilla, Oct 2, 2007.

1. qzilla

qzilla LawnSite Member
    from TX

Well, got the machine in late last week and got a chance to put it to a little work. So far we only have the brush cutter and the tree shear and both worked better than expected.

I will get more pictures up as I get the grapple rake and the tree grubber.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Awesome! How do you like the machine so far?

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice. You got a radio in that cab to listen to?

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Lookin good!

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

very nice machine

with that tree shear when you snip them do you push on them or something to get them to fall the way you want? it doesnt look like theres anything that grabs the trunk and controls it. how big a trunk fits in there?

6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice.. you got ac in the cab??? We got a new holland 185 rubber track.. nice machine .. use it a lot to plow snow with... been instaling cart paths on a golf course with it to recently and will take us into the winter.

7. qzilla

qzilla LawnSite Member
    from TX

So far we love it. We demod a 262C and really liked it better than anything else we tried so we ordered the 272C which is basically the same machine with more power.

So far I am happy with fuel consumption, the first tank went 10.5hrs which was more than I thought it would go as hard as we ran it.

The A/C works so good that I have not turned it on high yet. I actually get chilled with it on the middle setting and turn it down a lot!

All the air ride stuff is great too. So far, I do not have any complaints. I am sure there will be some little stuff that will aggrevate me after a while but, I am really happy for now.

On that tree shear there are 2 things that control the way it falls. First because it is a single blade the tree falls away from the blade. I only cut about 15 trees with it so far as most of my work was with the brush cutter but, so far every single tree fell exactly away from the blade just like it would with a chain saw.

Now, with that said if you have a tree leaning you will want to position yourself to cut it where it falls to the leaning side.

The second thing that you cannot really tell is that the guard on the front is pretty tall and leans forward a good bit to help you push a tree if started to come towards you.

I have buddy's that have a Dymax and the same shear I bought. I liked both of them but, for me there were 2 things I liked about the single blade.

1.) The tree falling is predictable
    2.) When the blades wear on the 2 bladed shears the tree tends to not be cut all the way through in the center.

We have a lot of work to do with it so as I make some good progress I will keep you posted.

8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

where are you located with that Holt machine? I use the CAT HM 312 mulcher. You would probably love it with that 272c

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a good looking machine.

10. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

the 262 and 272 are not the same machine....hp, wheelbase, and ground clearance are just a few of the differences...