Picture of my 25 cent standon Adapter plate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by louviljlj, Aug 8, 2006.

1. louviljlj

louviljlj LawnSite Member

Piece of 2x4 treated wood bolted to frame. Works Great but not pretty. Cost 25 cents for wood.
    [​IMG]

2. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

r u going to paint it red or black...?

3. louviljlj

I think I will go with the rustic look and leave natural

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Good job! As long as you like the looks that's all that matters. It really doesn't draw that much attention to the mower but if it bothers you just paint it.

5. MDLawnman

MDLawnman LawnSite Member

You know - if someone had told me that they did this I would've laughed. But it looks good! As long as the bolts don't pull out you're good to go. Americans - is there nothing they can't do??

6. louviljlj

Well the truth is my first trial I lag screwed them into the wood and they did come out after a few hours use. I countersunk the back side to fit the bolt heads and large washers with a nut and washer on the front end, this eliminated the posiblility of it pulling out. It is just a quick fix but one that should last awhile.

7. MDLawnman

Isn't there enough room on the back of the mower to just drill thru the steel and attach the sulky?

8. louviljlj

No, the drive pulley is right next to the back plate where you would have to attach the standon. Toro made it like that so that you would buy thier standon which attaches to the sides. The only place that will accept the mounting bolts is where you see them in the photo.

9. MDLawnman

As my hero would say - DOH!!