Picture of Tree Service in Austin outskirts

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brentstreeservice, Jul 30, 2013.

1. brentstreeservice

brentstreeservice LawnSite Member

We cleared a large site for a land owner. He had a rugged, raw property that needed major tree services. We did tree trimming, tree removal, and chipped up all of the wood for the land owner. We always recycle all of our wood by disposing our leftover chippings to a landscape yard for resale. This particular tree service job, the land owner wanted to keep that heep of wood mulch to use in his gardens and flower beds.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

You chip it into the truck then dump it?
  3. brentstreeservice

On this particular job we gave the mulch back to the customer. Usually if the customer doesn't specify, we'll chip the tree service material and dump it at various landscaping yards that recycle it into usable mulch.
  4. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont put that mulch in flower beds. It will suck all of the nitrogen out of the soil. It should decompose for 1 year. If he does, he needs to add some nitrogen.
  5. brentstreeservice

Interesting. I've never had bad growth out of the mulch beds we've made have been nothing but healthy. I've heard the same thing about the nitrogen but also heard others say that there is nothing wrong with it. All my experience has been positive.
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Nice work. I'm trying to move my company more towards land and vegetation management. Focus on reclaiming over grown and neglected land.
  7. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

The soil here is really low in organic matter and nitrogen is almost nonexistent. For native area use chippings are good protection for the tree's. The biggest problem with chippings is they are not composted so the color fades very quickly. It becomes very apparent what is bark and what is wood after a month.