1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Picture thread then to now.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ryde307, Jan 22, 2013.

1. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like that box truck, definitely innovative with the power up & down.

The workload is finally coming in, my EDDM postcards so far have had a good response, (hit mailboxes Tuesday), I can wait to finally get out working with this warm weather on the way. Did you guys send out your EDDM postcards out yet?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

I sent out around 5000 that hit mail boxes Mon-Tuesday. Have had an ok response so far. 10 or so leads. It was just fertilizer focused.
    Have closed 3 for Fert 3 called and left messages but when called back no answer or return call. (It shows the importance of answer the phone the first time when someone calls or they will keep trying others till they get someone.) Closed a couple for irrigation service 1 irrigation redo, 1 year round complete maint. for the prop and waiting to hear back from a 3 or so.
    This weather is not helping. I have 5000 more to send out next week.

3. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I like your box truck, it looks like a super lawn truck?

I too am sick of the winter that wont end. Looking good for weather starting tomorrow.

4. ryde307

It's just an isuzu NQR we bought used and then we fabricated the back and ramp.
    This is the second one we have built. The first had a ramp but no power just spring assist.

I enjoy winter, it is a big part of our business and I have a lot of winter hobbies but this one has gone on a bit long. Ready for summer work to start. Lots of exciting things happening this season.

5. ryde307

Couple pics from this week. Nothing to exciting.
    550 and toolcat going down the road.
    [​IMG]

Fresh Spring Clean up/Dethatching
    [​IMG]

Bought a Cat 301.8 Excited about this have alot of uses for it.
    [​IMG]

6. ryde307

Freightliner box got sandblasted and painted. Getting door graphics and wheel simulators shortly.
    [​IMG]

Freshly dumped pile of grass and leaves from spring clean ups/ Dethatching. You can see the pile from previous in the background.
    [​IMG]

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Man, that Freightliner is begging for a new bumper! :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. ryde307

Getting Painted.

9. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Where do you guys dump at?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ryde307

We dump most yard waste at a friends farm.