Picture thread then to now.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ryde307, Jan 22, 2013.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

Everything looks good. I bet you had a good time at that show, my buddy who is a big escavator went to that show also.

2. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a good time. It was a few guys first time to Vegas so we spent a day to take that in a well. Tons of walking at the show, but it you ever get a chance and like to look at all kinds of equipment it's worth going.

3. ryde307

We finished the ceiling in the shop. Put up new lights, fans, and garage doors as well.
    [​IMG]

Sent a couple trucks to auction.
    [​IMG]

4. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

That legal? haha

I bet DOT would love to take a look

5. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

You send them off to auction with the plates still on them?

6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

In Minnesota plates stay with the vehicle and are transferred to the next owner (unless they are personalized or a specialty plate). It was that way in Texas too, when I lived there.

7. ryde307

Lots of things going on now with winter just ending.
    Biggest change is as of this week decided to quit doing landscaping in house. We have decided to reel things in and simplify the day to day a bit more. We will still sell the projects but subcontract them to a few friends that own other companies. We will now just have mowing crews, a fert guy, irrigation, and what we will call a maint crew. They will just do shrub trimming, light gardening, weeding, mulch, and small plantings. It should be an exciting season.

Around the shop we are building a 33k gvwr hooklift truck. Should be done next week. We couldn't find a caba nd chassis with the specs we wanted so we found a good deal on a truck with a reefer body. We sold it to another company and they took it off. We then moved the axle forward 30inches and will be shortening the frame. Mounting the hook, airlines, lights, fenders, and such next week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the same auction we sent our trucks to we bought an 08f250. It has high miles and the box was dented so it was cheap. We pulled the box and put a service body on it. This truck will now be our irrigation truck and will have a plow. It will also get a spare salter we had put in it for the winter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

You should paint that service body blue. That would look really sharp! You guys still got snow on the ground?

9. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

If there are any installs in the NW metro feel free to send them my way :waving:
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. cli99

cli99 LawnSite Member

Sent a couple trucks to auction.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice, love that durastar!! Got a few questions for you. Did your old Freightliner have a hook lift? Saw you plowsite thread and you said you drove the f150 in the winter, what will you be driving now? Also what was the purpose of it, was is a mowing truck? I do like that 250, matches your other truck perfect!! Good luck!