Pictures 41 Hrs. On Fusion Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by puppypaws, May 25, 2006.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I have put 41 hrs. of hard cutting on the 66" XR-7 deck and have not removed the fusion blades for sharpening. I will say it does not cut as perfectly as it did with the new blades but if you looked at the excellent cut up close it would be a testimonial for the new deck and blades.

2. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

I have 33 hrs on my Mini and My blades havn't been off yet. I probably 80% bahaia and afew yards of St. Augustine and Cetipede. I've also hit afew things, like a 4 ft. piece of barbed wire. a 5 foot 5/8" logging chain, a stump, afew roots, tons of gumballs, a piece of 1" thick teflon, a 2" piece of a 2x4, and dead turtle. The blades are not sharp anymore but still give a good cut but I have had to slow down a tad. I am going to buy another set and switch them every 40 hours.

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

You have put those blades through a lot of abuse, people would find it hard to believe how much good grass with no obstacles these blades can cut before needing to be sharpened or changed.