Pictures of equipment

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Firstclasslawn, May 16, 2004.

1. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

oK someone please help me out, no matter what I do I can't seem to upload any pictures of ANYTHING to this site because it says they are to big and are not the accepted size so what do I do

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the edit portion of your picture file and there should be a re-size setting.

3. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

my camera has settings for the size for like sending e-mails or I can use the program to re-size it...

4. Firstclasslawn

Ok I still cant figure it out----Ive never had this problem before except here at lawnsite---any picture I try to post it says is to big so how do I make them smaller or something---I have the canon powershot A60

5. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

File size vs dimensions vs quality depends on format. JPG's for instance are easy to shrink file size wise simply by changing the compresion ratio. A Free, simple, easy to use picture viewer that allows you to change the size and compresion among (other things) of images is called IrfanView. For Windoze.

Irfanview

6. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Burger> There is a program that is free from

www.photoisland.com

called JPG File Converter. It will take photos and convert them to JPEG format and resize the file. The photo stays the same size but the file size is reduced. This means that enlarging it or editing it is not much good because some fine detail is lost but you will never notice it on the screen. The program is made just for this like this and e-mailing. Allso there is

www.photobucket.com

that you can link to from your post.

7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Burger> Sorry I ment that post to go to Firstclasslawn. I like that Irfanview program. It will take me some time to get a handle on all that it can do. It will be fun playing with that one.

8. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Sweet, thanks for the info.
    n/p, thanks, and your welcome

9. Firstclasslawn

Here is my equipment

equip2.jpg