1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of harley work.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Tim Wright, Apr 9, 2006.

1. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice dirt, waht type of seed blend did you use, and waht % annual rye if any? waht is the appr price on a harley anyway?
    Ball park

2. LawnScenes

LawnScenes LawnSite Member

Wrote a check for $6510.00 a few weeks ago for my rake (Land Pride PR1672)...

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Custom blended just for me. :drinkup: Called the "19th Green" and it has no annual in it. We carry a seperate bag of annual for use on slopes etc. where a quick growth is needed. The blend is 60-20-20 but it took me 30 yrs to figure out which blue and ryes and fescues to use for clay soils and I prefer not to give that out :nono:

4. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

LOL well thats depressing, al our area in mich here is also clay and we use different blends for conditions also, was just curious what blends were used. we basically use penn lawn red fescue , linn peren rye and manhattan III morning star peren rye, Park kentuckey blue and have not really experimented with other blends. Sorry to hear you cant share it but i I understand.

5. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have started working with a harley rake and a dingo recently. I have used a couple of times now. I have become impressed with what it can do. I still have to do some raking around the edges...and a little in the soil. What used to take me 15 hours with a pulverizer and hand raking I can do in 4 hours with a harley rake and some hand raking. I have a feeling the more I use the harley rake the better I will get with it too.

Thanks for the suggestions on the pulverizer, I have a job where I will try using the pulverizer and then the harley rake on.

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Rebel 4.

Near same price on the Glenmac and the landpride.

Tim

7. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used rebel in the past....not near as good of results as I hope.

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Tim,
    Not bad turnout. I like to think better results are achieved from a skidsteer mounted harley than a tractor mounted but that's just me and my experiences. You will notice as you continue to grade out properties for new homes that there is no good dirt left because the builder and general contractors usually scrape it all away by the time the landscaper gets there. We try to add at least 2-3" of good topsoil with organics before seeding. We will be starting lawn installs in about two weeks once these neverending cleanups and mulch installations get done. We have this one job in particular to do that should be fun. The whole house is built on fill. We'll take pics of some of the surprises we find.

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about the better turn out with the skid steer, and in my situation it is a mute point simply because I have the tractor. This was my very first final grade job, so hopefully I will get better as time goes on, and I am sure that this fact has a lot to do with what this yard has turned out like.

There are things that I will be doing differently from here on out.

Tim