1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of homes, do you ask for permission?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by lampeslawnservice, Mar 13, 2005.

1. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering, do you ask the home owner permission before you put pictures of their lawn on your website?
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

simply yes..........
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

to go 2 for 2 from daytonians, absolutely you should seek permission.
  4. cndhaines

cndhaines LawnSite Member

my wifes a photographer and yes u need a model release signed stating what u plan on doing with the photo basically pretty easy to make up on ms word

5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it is not only proper, but professional to seek the consent of any home or property that you wish to take a picture of. No everyone wants part of their personal life advertised or on the Internet. It only takes a few minutes to ask and you can gain great respect from the cusomer for asking.
  6. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

When I was in graphic design I had a form that people would fill out and give permission for me to use there house, car, bike, or whate ever for advertising purpases. Do a search on google you can probably find a blank one to use.
  7. lampeslawnservice

What if it's just a picture of their grass (stripes) and a small part of the house, no address.
    I agree with asking, but some shots I would think not.
  8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Put it in the contract!! By signing this agreement I hereby give permission to use any picture of said property at contractor discretion for the sole purpose of HIS personal references relating to work performed at said property as long as no personal information is included with out previous written permission IE. address , name , city etc.
    Signature___________________________________ Date__________________

Never had a problem with anyone signing becouse of this clause and doubt that many even read it.

9. lampeslawnservice

Thanks olderthandirt, thats a very good example
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is what I try to do when taking pictures. Don't show the whole house, and no address or street information.