Pictures of latest job

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ElephantNest, May 5, 2004.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not quite done, but almost. They have yet to pour the sidewalk. As for the red mulch and topiaries, it's what they wanted. Turned out less cheesy than I thought it would. lol

~Nest

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Looks good, did you lay that sod?

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

ditto, looks good, although the curves are a little too sharp for my taste. and why put the sign up by the house where you can't read it from the road?

4. ElephantNest

from La.

No, we didn't do the sod. I couldn't touch the price of a company that the builder knows. $85.00 per pallet, installed.

The sign can easliy be read from the road, the picture doesn't show it. Also, there are two other signs located in the yard, closer to the road, one on each corner.

5. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

Very nice Nest. Hopefully I can get more jobs like that this year instead of the little $500 jobs I keep landing.

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Looks good. Some constructive criticism. Plants are planted WAY to close to the house.

7. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

Holy sandy soil Batman!!! I bet that lawn has no puddles after a downpour!

8. ElephantNest

from La.

Too close to the house? There isn't one plant that is not outside of the drip edge. I appreciate your comment, but I think the gardens with plants 3 feet or more away from the house look terrible.

As you can see, the builder was too cheap, even on this $400,000 home, to install gutters. So, after the first rain, we had some re-arranging to do, as it washed one fifth of our dirt into the street. But no plants were damaged from it, because they were not under the drip edge.

9. LA LAWNS

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

hmm.............................

10. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

$85 per pallet installed. Is this person crazy or what?