Pictures of Magnamatic Balancer 1000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HayBay, Jun 17, 2004.

1. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I ordered this unit from Gerd and got it from USA to Canada in 8 days. Way Better than I can say for the local guys (dealers) who can't get me stuff within 3 weeks some times.

Anyhow....... here it is. Real nice qualilty

Attached Files:

2. HayBay

from Ontario

I don't have this unit mounted properly yet. I cannot use the blade straightness guage the way its set up and it may not be perfectly level but it is very close to level. I will mount it differently when I have time.

This picture is of a Brand New Blade that has never been sharpened. See how off balance it is.

Attached Files:

3. HayBay

from Ontario

here is a blade that is balanced and sharpened.

Attached Files:

4. HayBay

from Ontario

heres one of the magnet pulled out most of the way

Attached Files:

5. HayBay

from Ontario

heres some sharpened and balanced blades and some new blades that need sharpening and balancing.

Attached Files:

6. HayBay

from Ontario

I bought some Gator blades for one of the machines a few weeks back. I ran the blades right out of the box on the ZTR. I noticed alot of vibration. Left it as is because I knew my cone balancer wouldn't tell me much. After I received the Balancer I took the blades off the machine, sharpened them and used the Magnamatic to balance. Started the machine up engaged the blades, the vibration was gone and machines RPM was up. No joke this balancer is top notch.

HayBay

7. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Very nice photos HayBay!

8. you made a smart move getting the magnamatic ...no lawn professinal should be without it!!!!!!!1

9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

The only problem I can see with this thing, is that you burn up while trying to balance, since you can't have any fans running, or windows or doors open. Also, the mounting instructions that come with the new stand are very vague in which bolts they want you to use to mount it to the stand. The bolts it says are for it are too small and are starting to pull through the mounting holes, and the other bolts are too big for the fiber washers that were provided.

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

beransfixitinc, What's the difference Between the New Stand & Old...Had No Problems w/the Old...Even added Casters so I can Roll it Around!

balanced.jpg