Pictures of me, my current equipment, and some photos from last season

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mowinforaliving, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, it's 2 am and I was bored, so I thought I would post some pictures of all my toys. The open 20' trailer is what I used last year. I traded it off on the red one a few months ago. I just finished building the little 5x8, and the only mowers I run now out of all that you see is the new Scag Tiger Cub and the Bad Boy Lightning Z.

last years rig.jpg

last year.jpg

my rig.jpg

my little rig.jpg

tool racks.jpg

2. Mowinforaliving

Here's the 2 mowers I run now.

my bad boy.jpg

my scag.jpg

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Set up looks good. Very clean and organized. Why the long tongue on the little trailer?
    Bored? Too bad you're so far away, I'd put ya to work plowing snow this morning.

4. Mowinforaliving

That little trailer started out as a utility trailer from Lowes. I welded the expanded metal sides on, built a small tool cage up front at the top, ordered and mounted the trimmer/blower racks, and chopped of the little tongue that was on it. I bought a 10' stick of 1/4" thick 2x6 rectangle tubing at the iron yard, cut it down to 6' and bolted it on with 1/5" bolts and cap nuts as a replacement. The extra length makes it alot easier to back and it takes the squirelyness out of it. I just built it because I happened to already have the trailer sitting around and made it a Winter project. I plan on using it as a residential rig while the red one is out doing the larger accounts.

5. Mowinforaliving

Meant to say 1/2" bolts and cap nuts, not 1/5".

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

The setup looks great. I can't wait to add an extra rig. Seeing yours just motivated me to grow my business more. Just a suggestion...my truck used to drag in the back like in 1 of your pics. I had super springs (helper springs) installed and they were pretty cheap. You seem pretty handy (at least compared to me). You could probably install them yourself. Just thought it might help. Good luck this season.

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Oh I just noticed in your post that you got rid of the open trailer and you don't seem to have the same problem with the red one.

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

How many times you goin to post your stuff up? Its nice lookin still.

9. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Dang that Dodge is squatin those Bad boy's must be heavy.

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Think it partially has to do with the way its loaded, that diesel mower adds a LOT of tounge weight.