Pictures of mowers on Flyers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrews Lawn, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Andrews Lawn

Andrews Lawn LawnSite Member

I am preparing to make my flyer on my computer and I was wondering whether of not to include two small pictures of the kinds of mowers I use in the lower corners. I thought that this might show the customers that I am not someone runnin around with a 21" push mower in the trunk of a car.

What Do you think? Will this make me look more professional?
    Any input is appreciated.

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i would pass on that, one the color adds more to the cost of per flyer, and two if i were a customer i wouldnt care what u use as long as u do a good job and are reliable.

3. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

Clip art can be neat but the real things.. i would not care as a customer. Now if you are trying to impress a prefessional appearance then a well uniformed employee with all the appropriate protection on a Z might look decent.

jf

4. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Each year I try and come up with different ways to catch the customers eye with my flyers. I took 4 digital camera pictures of 4 different types of lawns: Small,large, apartment complexs and restaurants, all my current customers. You can make the cheapest flyers with white paper/black letters. All your pictures can be converted to black/white on some computer programs. I have Coral Draw. The pictures come out best on a laser printer, but you can use others. The only bad thing is that you can not use a copier (I tried). The pictures come out way to dark. I would pass on putting mowers on the flyers. Let your work do the talking for you. If you print up any color flyers save those for the Apartment complexs etc. STS is right one color can add cost to the flyers. In 14 years I haven't once used color flyers. But you can make the flyers two colors by knocking out letters. The letters can be the white paper with black ink over it in spots. My choice of words tell the tail. Professional Landscape maintenance, Pruning, Manicuring, Ice control etc. I also put over 14 years experience. The main thing is be creative and keep it simple. Don't make your flyers look like a newspaper. the same goes for business cards and truck lettering. I have seen guys put everything they do on their trucks. If people are interested they will call and inquire. Give them a briefing. ;)
    Travis

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I would skip the mower on the flyer idea. I've seen plenty of flyers and the cheesiest looking ones usually have a commercial mower pic on them. I would have a pic of a mower if I were doing a professional tri-fold brochure.