Pictures of my leaf box setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, Nov 2, 2002.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Finished my leaf box, took a few ideas from everyone and put them all together to fit my needs. I didn't make the sides high because of clearance issues with branches and power wires in yards. I will be painting the outside black once the wood seasons some. Its just too wet to paint right now. The whole box comes apart into 4 sections no thicker than 4" with removal of 12 9/16" carraige bolts. There are also other pictures at this website:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/ksland

dump with leaf box s.jpg

2. ksland

In the dump position. Just pull a spring loaded pin, swing sucker out of the way, drop tailgate and dump.

dump with leaf box up s.jpg

3. Very nice set-up

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Excellent set-up.....one of the best I've seen as a matter of fact. I had one very similiar, but I got tired of taking the tailgate down and back up so I modded it out a little bit. For the fall, since I couldn't use the dump for anything else anyway, I took the tailgate right off the truck. Then I extended the back swinging door down and bolted pins to the bottom brace to mimick the pins at the bottom of the tailgate. It took a lot of measuring and testing, but I got the door to close right into the saddles where the tailgate would normally sit.

It was a lot quicker when dumping.

Just an idea for next year! Looks great though, Congrats again on a gorgeous set up!

5. ksland

My tailgate opens with a lever in the middle just as easy as a pickup. The has an internal mechanism that pulls the pins into the tailgate to allow it to open. Works really good. For that reason it is easy to open quickly.

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry about that! You got it made than my friend. I had the older style with pins in the top and saddles at the bottom....PITA on time!

Good Deal, sorry about the mix-up but its a good idea for the older style gates.

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Congrats on a really nice set-up. It's always better to take your time with something like that and do it right.

Tell me a little bit about your dump bed. Looks like one that has been added. Who makes it and how much did it cost? Are you happy with it?

Thanks
    MATT

8. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

very impressive leaf box and setup in all. mind me asking how much u paid for the leaf box? how long did it take?

9. ksland

The dump body is a Crysteel and was on the truck at the dealer I bought it from. The body added $6000 to the sticker, cab+chassis was 22,000. Yes the body has been good, just a little small. Will get a rack cabover next time.

The box took a total of 6 hours, 3 hours for 2 days, and about $300 in materials including the mesh tarp.

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Tell us about your debri loader. I just came from billygoat's website. I wish I could find a truck similar to yours.

MATT