Pictures of my new 48" FasTrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by harmoncollege, May 18, 2007.

1. harmoncollege

harmoncollege LawnSite Member

My new Hustler FasTrak with 48" deck and 19hp Kawasaki was delivered today. My dealer picked it up from the Hustler warehouse in Oklahoma City early this morning. He filled it up with gas and delivered it for free. I had him install an hour meter, which I would highly recommend. It was only $31 installed and looks very nice. They are pre-wired for it, and it is right in the control console.

I've only spent 6/10 of an hour on it, but I am SO IMPRESSED. It is going to take a little time to adjust to the speed and steering, but WOW! It is built like a tank, and is so much fun to drive. I have 2.5 acres to mow, and I cut about half an acre tonight. The cut was exceptional, and it was SO MUCH FASTER than the garden tractor I had been using.

The 19hp has loads of torque...and it is very smooth. My FasTrak seems very responsive, and I can't wait to mow my entire property. I've never looked forward to mowing, but now I think I'm going to wish I had more land to mow!!!

PICTURES ARE ATTACHED!!

Hustler FasTrak 1.jpg

Hustler FasTrak 4.jpg

Hustler FasTrak 2.jpg

Hustler FasTrak 5.jpg

Hustler FasTrak 3.jpg

2. bsalter5

bsalter5 LawnSite Member

If you're trying to make me jealous - it's working!

Britt

I'd post a picture of my used up JD STX38, but doubt you'd be impressed ; (

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It sure looks pretty !!!

4. barenstam

barenstam LawnSite Member

Nice, very nice.

5. harmoncollege

I had read complaints about previous models, including not having enough leg room for taller people and the metal side shoot.

It sure seems that Hustler listens to its customers. The seat, which is very comfy, is very adjustable forward and backward. I'm 6-foot-1 and am not cramped at all. The heavy-duty rubber side-shoot is very nice as well.

6. ranger100

ranger100 LawnSite Member

Great looking machine. A man and his new toy. It's a beautiful thing. My family says I am a different person since I got my Fastrak 20/52 in April. All I can say is that I run out of grass to mow before I am done playing.

7. nick858

nick858 LawnSite Member

The rubber discharge chutes are probably the best invention anyone has put on a mower. I think Hustler did a great job with them, I could never go back to a steel one.

8. harmoncollege

I mowed my entire place yesterday, and I'm right there with you -- ran out of grass, but I wasn't ready to stop mowing.

I'm just amazed at the cut...it just looks perfect.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Did the neighbors wonder why you were mowing their grass???...lol...lol...

10. harmoncollege

Well, my machine isn't as clean as those pictures anymore! :) I had to cut some slightly wet grass the other day, because I was trying to beat the rain (we've had tons of rain in the last 30 days), and my FasTrak had no problems. I have the stock blades.

How often should I get underneath and clean out the bottom of the deck?