Pictures of my scag giant vac leaf setup

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by baileylawnservice, Nov 12, 2013.

1. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. baileylawnservice

It is just mounted in my bed for now. I would like to get a dump trailer eventually. It works just fine for now, only drawback is its mounted in my bed until spring.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Why don't you try mulching those leaves down before sucking them up.:hammerhead: I could reduce that pile down in 15 minutes.

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

5. baileylawnservice

The giant vac mulches them nicely. Right now I have both of these piles in the trailer plus two smaller jobs and its less then half full. It only takes a few minutes to suck them up, plus I don't really have room to haul my mowers with my current setup.

6. baileylawnservice

Yes we upgraded this year in effort to be more efficient. My eb630 still runs well but I just wanted to be as productive as possible. Also we now have a 3rd blower if I can come up with a helper on large jobs.

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

buy yourself a hitch for a snow plow (just the hitch, dont need a plow) then you can fabricate a skid that the leaf vac will mount to and you can slide it in and out of the snow plow hitch.
    Now the vacuum mounts to the front of the truck, hose goes up over the cab. Build a box for the back of the truck, hose shoots leaves into that box.
    now you can put your whole lawn set up on the trailer still.
    Used to see several set ups like that back in CT in the days when leaf suckers were self fabricated.
    works pretty good.
    When you save up a little dough, get a dump insert for your truck (but the leaves come out pretty quick with just a pitch fork in the mean time)... this will be a lot cheaper than getting a dump trailer.

look into getting a Jrco leaf rake/plow...google it, put it on the front of a walk behind or rider and push the leaves in big piles/windrows to vac up with your giant vac...

Turns leaf clean up from a 3-4 man operation to a 1 man operation... pretty crazy.

8. baileylawnservice

I am not real big on the front mounts. I would like room for a wheeled blower in the future. I am not seeing a need to haul my mowers at the same time just yet, but I have not done any really big jobs yet. I would like a dump trailer, and set it up for leaves. I could make use out of it for other things as well. I have a 2.5 acre job to do once all the leaves fall, then I will see how much I am capable of with this setup.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ETLC

ETLC LawnSite Member

Nice set-up. One question how do you unload the leaves?

10. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

your next purchase needs to be a dump trailer, go 7x14...your cummins will handle it & you will love it for leaves, mulch, topsoil, etc.

I mow all the lawns after a cleanup, it gives it a finish, manicured look and the machines suck up whatever leaves you might have missed.

You are definitely headed in the right direction!
    Posted via Mobile Device