1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of my scag giant vac leaf setup

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by baileylawnservice, Nov 12, 2013.

1. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 4' by 5' angle iron frame with a hog panel welded to it. I then bolted 3/4" plywood to it. That's held upright in front with a chain attached to the corners. Where I dump has pieces of concrete with cables attached for pull off's
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. baileylawnservice

Posted via Mobile Device
    I would love a dump trailer. This is a new business adventure for me. I have mowed forever but this is the first year for leaf removal. I am just going to see how it goes, and see if I can justify spending another 5 or 6 k
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. B & E Lawn Care

B & E Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Can I ask what the Scag giant vac ran you?

4. baileylawnservice

3399 I believe. They are hard to get this year. The dealers in my area said they could to get anymore this year

5. B & E Lawn Care

Thanks for the info, just starting to research leaf loaders. Didnt know Scag was making them.

6. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

How long does it take to suck up a those two piles of leaves with that set up?

7. baileylawnservice

I would say maybe 10 minutes maybe a little longer, I don't really pay attention. It didn't really bog down that much. I was pleased with the performance overall. It will suck as fast as I can rake them to it.

8. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

That's awesome. I hope to get enough leaf work to afford one of those. Maybe next year.

9. baileylawnservice

I am going to try to take a short video tomorrow.

10. B & E Lawn Care

I've got to get one of those! I've got several leaf jobs lined up over the next couple of days and that we be such a time saver.