Pictures of my scag giant vac leaf setup

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by baileylawnservice, Nov 12, 2013.

1. baileylawnservice

baileylawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

They make a 29hp skid mounted version as well. It was priced at 5,200$. I am sure it's awesome, but I think the 18hp will do us just fine this year.

2. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

So here's the thing. When you have a piece of equipment like that which speed up the leaf pick up process you have to charge a higher hourly for that right? More than a bunch of dudes stuffing leaves into bags. Then you can get the same money per job as low-tech folks but do more jobs and thus afford equipment like that. Any insight into the business would be appreciated.

3. baileylawnservice

Well I am just figuring this out myself. I have never done leaf removal. I usually just mow and mulch leaves on a few yards. I am still learning. The two piles of leaves that you see were about 75 minute jobs each from start to finish with 2 guys. I am trying to get 60$ per hour when I have 2 guys. Which is half what I make mowing.

4. B & E Lawn Care

B & E Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Is that $60 per man hour?

5. baileylawnservice

No 30 per man hour. Which I think is kind of cheap. But that's what I hear others are charging. What do you guys think. I get 60 per hour mowing by myself.

6. B & E Lawn Care

B & E Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm right about there myself ($35/man hr). I think it's a little low as well, but when I get much higher than that I tend to not get the bid.

7. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

Should be minimum $40 per man hour + disposal costs.

I do much better charging flat rate
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. baileylawnservice

Yeah I have been able to get a flat rate on smaller jobs. I was thinking on bigger ones that I am just going to have to see how long it takes then bill accordingly. Good thing is I have no disposal costs
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Were around 45 per man hour but we try to just do a set price for the jobs
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ethanslawn

Ethanslawn LawnSite Senior Member

In northeast ohio i vary from $40-$60 (usually rounding off at $100) covers my expenses and anything else that may pop up. But the company i plow for does $75/hour which to me is outrageous but 2 employees +29hp wonder loader+3 push blowers+2 backpacks it starts adding up pretty quick.