Pictures of Robin 4 stroke with Subaru engine

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by randall800, Mar 22, 2007.

1. randall800

randall800 LawnSite Member
    from GA

Well made little unit...note the trigger is solid and unlikely to be ripped off easily.

Lite weight and only 3 ounces heavier than comparable echo 2 stroke.

Nothing stands out as cheap about this string trimmer.

Cost was $240.00 brand new in box from ebay vendor on 3/19/2007.

robin 111.jpg

robin 109.jpg

robin 119.jpg

robin 116.jpg

robin 108.jpg

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

There lies the problem.......forget about your local dealer....go with the quick way to save a buck....We complain when our clients do it, but its ok for us...

Does look like a nice little machine though.

3. randall800

from GA

Money will always flow to the better provider of products/services. Being in the middle Georgia area means most dealers are very weak in sales and service...lack of sophistication in all things business generally speaking in my area.

My money goes to those businesspeople who deserve it and earn it. (most all my equipment is bought out of state via the internet)

My allegiance is to high quality product / service and nothing less.:walking:

4. MarcSmith

how can the guy on the internet service your product though? Are you going to UPS it for warranty work?

I'm sure its a great product. I used to use the robin 2 strokes in sw florida with very few problems... Ijust hate to see people flocking to the net for stuff and give the locals the cold shoulder...You know your area...

One day we won't have any more local dealers and we'll be screwed....

JMO

5. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a nice trimmer but if it breaks while your out working I guess its quicker in your area to UPS it out to that web site and get it repaired than to go 3 miles to the local Stihl dealer and get a new part.

6. randall800

from GA

Supply will meet demand. If dealers are unable to be competitive then they deserve to be out of business.

Do you give your business as an act of charity? How is that working for you?

7. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

Randall - do you have a phone number for your seller. I am looking at the same trimmer but can't contact through Ebay channels. As far as the local dealer goes. I give them the chance to compete and it is their choice whether to do so or not. Also, have you used the brush blade yet?

Thanks, Roger

8. MarcSmith

Asking a local dealer who has a store front, employees and overhead to compete with an internet retailer is like asking us to to compete with loballers and those who choose to run a business without insurance, Lic, paying axes. ect.

Do I give my business as an act of charity....No...But those who I do business with are aware that to me service is more important than price. If I need a throttle spring, they know that I'll spend the money to get to me the next day.

But they also know that I will check on prices from time to time to keep every one on the level. I had a great Bulb supplier. and I chose to bid out the order. When I got two other suppliers that each beat the current guy by close to $8000...I made the switch....Why? I'll pay a premium for service, but not that much. The switch ended up being a good thing...I have a great supplier and I explained to my old supplier why I switched. I still get somethings from them...but not the full order.