1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Walker/cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ksland, Nov 15, 2002.

1. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I did a minor cleanup today for a customer who likes to keep up on the leaves as they fall. This lawn was about 10,000 sq ft. You can see how well the walker sucks up. Of course this is only a medium layer of leaves but it was just about mowing speed 1 pass for the whole lawn. Took about 25 minutes start to stop flying solo.

walker dumping1.jpg
  2. ksland

From the whole yard before sucking it up with leaf loader

walker dumping.jpg
  3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice, ksland.
  4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

you need the hydrolic lift so you can dump it in the back of your truck . kinda sucks having to move leaves twice :mad:
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

If you look in the first picture it looks as if he has a leaf loader. No need for the hydrolic lift, plus he can probably pack more in this way. Looks great ksland. !!
  6. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Nice pics.......ya know..lol...that Walker looks awefully familiar!...hmmmmmm. Great job Ken, hope your having fun.....Mike:)
  7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i see the leaf sucker now :rolleyes: i was looking at the lawn sorry ;)
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm considering getting a dump truck for leaves and using a trailer for the Walker. I have been thinking about putting 3' sides on my open trailer and actually dumping into the trailer instead of on the ground. Then I would fire up the sucker and blow everything into the dump bed. I just thought this would save making a mess on the lawn or pavement and wouldn't take as much room on the street.
  9. ksland

You just suck the mess up really, doesn't matter where you put it. it doesn't really make a mess at all, just as easy to suck up whats left. The only advantage I see is windy days the leaves would stay put with 3' sides. But after they are ground and packed into the walker they don't really fly to well anyhow. I too have thought of that, just not really any different.
  10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I've been looking at www.dumpandgo.com and www.debrissystems.com for trailers designed to work with Walkers. WOW, the prices of these trailers is what's killing it for me. They are great, especially the Dump and Go with it's poly hopper instead of metal hopper. An open trailer with the hydraulic lift gate and the big hopper with the hydraulic lift hopper is like $13K. It is a real time saver but WOW that's quite an initial investment.

You can put 2 Walkers on the trailer in front of the big storage hopper. The storage hopper is filled by dumping into a smaller hopper off the side of the trailer that lowers to street/curb level, then as you drive away you can hit a remote (similar to a car alarm remote) and the smaller hopper is lifted, dumped and then returned to street level to await another dump from the Walker. While all this lifting and dumping is going on there is an alarm/beeper going off (similar to a reverse warning on a truck)......hhhmmmmmm, nice safety feature. There is a cool video on their website.

When you get to the dump site (landfill, compost pile, whatever you simply push another button and the side of the debris storage hopper releases, tilts away from the trailer and a chain on the floor of the hopper starts off-loading all the debris. There is NO tipping of the whole box, to worry about tipping your trailer over.

I definetly like the Dump and GO system as opposed to the Debris System product line.

Anybody got $13K they want to give me??????? :D :D :D