Pictures of...."what the?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Apr 19, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I saw a post in here and it suggested a new thread about pictures of the most rediculous things you have ever seen while in the field. I think its a great idea. Anything from rediculous set ups to do's and dont's on a lawn.
    And its not a slam to anyone who may have a rediculous set up or anything but it might be helpfull for a newbi. Like a guy I saw today mowing a high traffic area commercial account (Verizon building) wearing torn overalls a whitish dirty nasty looking beard, a knit cap on (its 75 out today) overalls rolled up half way his shins, huge beer gut etc you get the picture. He was using a 48"w/b(ok) but there wasn't a straight line to be found patches of grass all over the place etc. All I can say is WOW! This guy looked like Santa's evil twin brother.

2. pines

pines LawnSite Member

"And its not a slam to anyone who may have a rediculous set up or anything".......Really? I always tell myself in situations like this, " There but for the grace of God go I"

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Dont go picking on us people with big beer guts now lol

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Shame Matt didn't have the camera yesterday. He went on an estimate in the evening, and this lady slipped by my screening process on the phone. Matt was disgusted with the condition of the whole yard, and when he got to the back, he says, "what the heck is that in the back corner? Is that a dog carcass?" The lady says, "that's fish guts." Matt says, "fish guts?" She says, "ya, you don't eat fish?" Matt couldn't believe it how big the pile was thrown right on the lawn (if you could call it a lawn).
    I wish he could have gotten a picture of that, oh well.

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Thats just plain NASTY! We did a clean up at the end of last season and the grass was pretty high so I didn't see the huge pyles of dog crap all over the yard. I thought I walked the property pretty well. While mowing the guy helping me walked right in front of the side shute about 4 feet away and splatt! caught his whole left side with dog dodo, he was a little pissed but after laughing so hard I told him he shouldn't have been walking in front of me. :p