pictures

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Sunscaper, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Some recent project pictures.

HPIM0027.jpg

HPIM0023.jpg

HPIM0024.jpg

HPIM0028.jpg

2. Burch's Lawn Care  LLC

Burch's Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Member

nice work, great job

3. Sunscaper

Thank you Matt.

4. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

You can always tell a Florida landscape with pine needle for mulch. Here in the north we struggle to get rid of those damn things and down south they can't get enough of them. That's the difference in regions though.

The work look very good though. Nice job.

5. Sunscaper

Thank you. But the mulch is eucalyptis bark mulch. From a distance ithe color looks alot like pine straw. I hate pine straw. And beleive it or not it's more money here than any mulch and 10x uglier.

6. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

I agree. Being from New England originaly, I was always getting paid to remove them and down here they are in every other bed. They are messy when the wind blows and short lived as far as looking good. Its one thing to see some mulch smoldering in a fast food drive through after someone flicks a cigarette butt, but another to watch pine needles actually go up in flames. Ive seen a menu board get melted because nobody could get to it in time. More of a fire hazzard then they are worth imo.

7. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

I think the mulch looks too much like cypress, which is just as ugly.
    Is it too hot to use dark brown bark mulch?

8. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

looks really nice!

9. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work. We are in Tn and use pinestraw. I have a freind that is very wealthy from selling straw from southern GA to those of you up north. Some areas over do certain things and make your personal taste different but it is nice to have different textures and colors. I don't like straw in most beds but some natural areas look pretty good with it.