1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by grassyfras, Aug 21, 2001.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I always wonder how fixed decks do. Is there anyway that you guys could show pictures that were cut with a fixed deck and then a floating to show scalpage, and on different types of terrrain?
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I, Myself own 2 walkbehinds with fixeddecks (36 inch and 48 inch). I have used floating deck 48's and really dont see that much of a diffrence! you just have to learn when to apply slight pressure to the handles. I have also used a 60 inch walkbehind with a fixed deck..... scalps like crazy! My conclusion is that fixed decks do just fine on 48Inch and smaller decks! Its not such a drastic diffrence that you would be able to notice in a picture!
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I don't know how well this will work. This is going to be tough to capture on photograph. Never say never, I will give it a try, but can't promise anything.

I have to first figure out how to run the camera.

Thanks, Fred.
  4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for trying but i dont want to cause to much trouble for you. I think that it could help market the mowers alittle better(not that they need to be). I notice that sometime when mowers turn on small slopes they scalp and I dont want to buy a floating deck if i could get by with a fixed.
  5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 52" and a 36" fixed deck walkbehinds. I hate floating decks, they scalp too but with a fixed deck at leat you can man handle it. If you know what your doing, 90% of the time you won't scalp with a fixed deck.