Piece at the end of tube cost me $58.00

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey pj,
    I have been very very happy with my mowers performance and basically all the physical aspects of it, but I had a bit of a problem with dirt getting in the carburator. A metal piece at the end of a yellow tube going to the carburator fell off and the carburator got dirty, so my mower would putter and die when idling low. It would pop while idling at mid RPMs. I took it to my dealer friday after he had closed. He looked at it Saturday and did the work Monday. I was pretty happy about him taking care of it so fast. He used some fuel system cleaner at first, "4-Power Pint" (a conklin product, I think), but that did not resolve anything and he charged it at $0.00 on the bill with a list of $8.55. After he figured out the problem he fixed it and billed me 1.1 hrs shop labor and $3.21 for the filter assembly intake part. I ended up paying $58.52 after tax. Is this covered by warranty at all. I still have the warranty on it. I just can't see why I should be at fault when I didn't know of the part or inspect that part of the machine. I check the oil and hydro fluid level often and look at the hour meter, swutch fuel tanks, but I never noticed the part missing. My dealer said he clamped it on this time. Do these things fall off easy? I feel like I got a bad deal here. I hope you can give me some insight on this. Thanks.

-Nick Howard

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is something your dealer would have to talk to Kawasaki about, we do not do the warranty on the engine.
    Sounds like the carb vent tube came off to me, which I cant see how that happened, regardless have your dealer talk to Kawasaki, they may warranty it.

Pj