piggy back vac this is genious

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jiggz, Mar 24, 2011.

1. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

Oh man i need 1 of those.

2. hammmerhead

hammmerhead LawnSite Senior Member
    from ozarks

Better be careful on that thing, weights or not on the front. This is however a great idea for flat ground, but it seems like a compact ZTR would be a much better choice. Besides all that extra weight will probably cause it to rut worse than a Compact ZTR that has much wider tires. Gotta give someone credit for thinking outside the box though!

3. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

4. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Is Protero the one that has a reputation for poor Customer service?

5. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Dont know. I have had one on my tank since 03 and still use it every year. Havent had to deal with their customer service at all in 9 years.

6. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I have 2 JD Quick tracs. Both of them have tripple baggers on them. It is a must to bag our grass here so in a matter of hours I built racks for the back with triple bags, and I used a power flow system off a 717 JD. Works perfect!

7. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I know this is an old thread but... got photos of that setup? I'd love to do something like that w my v-ride

8. Tylerr83

Tylerr83 LawnSite Member

This seems like a good idea in theory, but having used different collection systems on ztrs I've owned it seems like the nature of the product and its fit on a stander would have some inherent flaws. The weight of a full peco hopper on a ztr really affects the way those machines handle even a small incline so I cant really imagine how it would fare hanging off the back of a stander, especially with no front counterweight. I get the idea of using a backpack blower to propel clippings/leaves to the hopper, but as someone stated earlier I cant see that creating any additional suction to prevent blowout from the deck the way that a pony motor driven impeller or even a belt driven impeller does. Plus I feel like some additional reduction of material is accomplished with the impeller system (a lot like a truck loader) which makes the whole operation a lot more efficient.

9. peeklandscaping

peeklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

anyone use one of these thing or something similar?

10. EverestLandscape

EverestLandscape LawnSite Member

Im in the process right now building one for my exmark vantage. I bought a full ultra vac system off a 52" lazer for $600 which was a steal. I got $100 in steel from the supply yard, and $150 for a day of welding from my shop mechanic and i should be set for under $900