pigtail took pics 1

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Remote Pigtails, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

I don't install too many now because most of my customers have them but these were first timers so I slapped one on. This is the Richdel 512 I believe. It's hard to get to the 24 volt power source the way the transformer is situated so I'm using a spare zone to power it. The best thing about the Rainmaster remote is that the cord that connects the two parts allows you to hang it on the door. Finally I cable tie it to keep it from getting yanked. I did not install this clock but if I had the 120 splice would be in a junction box not tucked inside the controller. I sold two extra hours of work walking the customer through the system. It took about ten minutes to install. Sorry about the sideways pic.

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0311.jpg

DSCN0312.jpg

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Nice unprotected power supply. :)

3. Remote Pigtails

Unfortunately i see that so much I've become jaded about it. A few months ago I had a job with a crummy 3/4 amp fuse timer. The fuse kept blowing and somebody wrapped foil around it. I used to carry junction boxes. maybe I will again.

4. PurpHaze

I have one right now where the wiring is bare. We can't have that and the boss is trying to get the contractor back out on it. :rolleyes:

5. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of those old controllers on a site we service! I thought we had the last one out of the Museum.

6. Remote Pigtails

That was a really popular controller in Dallas. Quite a few left here. I tell the customers "don't wear out the slide switches and it'll last you a while!"

7. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

I see those richdels all the time. not a Pro-C, but not a bad controller either. a lot better than the Moist-O-Matic's, RC's, and PRC's.

pg

ps. i kind of like the M-O-M's solely because of the name.

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I remember seeing timers like that, with those conduit power leads just taped to a line cord, and not even tucked into the larger opening. And this on exterior installs, with the line cord plugged into an outdoor receptacle.

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Those richdels were fairly popular at one time in my area as well, I saw a lot of them. A good timer for the era, far better than the competition in my opinion.

10. PurpHaze

Toro had a "slide controller" that was somewhat popular in this area about 15 years ago.