Pike Nursury files Chap 11

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by nlminc, Nov 14, 2007.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

2. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Man , that is shocking news - makes you wonder what's going to be left after this thing is over . Amazingly , we have not had much of a problem here - its dry but still enough sporadic water to keep most plants and turf alive.

3. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

It's really too bad. I have used Pike's for all my stone/pond supplies. Hope they can weather this one out.

4. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

I can't even began to tell you how much this drought is killing the industry up here in north fulton county. I'm hoping for the best, pray for rain!

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Amen Brother.

It sucks for sure.
    I have zero work.
    All contracts cancelled.
    Thank god for Deer Season.:)

It is pretty much done till spring.I just hope everyone can make it till then.

6. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, our sales are down around 50% i had to do some layoffs...
    Maint are up 10%

plus HomeDepot Landscape supply here in ATL closed too.. same reason..

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I do no maint so it is especially painful for me.
    I have concentrated mostly in Henry county and further south and the house building industry just shut down here coupled with the water ban it has been an eye opening experience.

8. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, i heard about Home Depot about two weeks ago from one of my customers. He is in corporate asset lending with both Home Depot Wholesale and Pikes. I am sure his company is loving these conditions.

My plans were to take my company full time in the spring, but with the water situation, i am scared to take that risk with the fear of water restrictions getting worse next season if we continue to have a dry winter.

9. Trkcat_Ga

Trkcat_Ga LawnSite Member

Paulding County Ga has closed down car washes! No outside water!

Home Depot Landscape Supply was on there way out before the drought had really set in but Pike seems to have been a hard hitting wake up call to alot of folks.

10. Keystone

Keystone LawnSite Member

Over in Augusta they are not as restricted and Savannah has had rain like crazy this year. The drop in the bucket this weekend here was nice.