PILOT trailers? Quick!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenBlade, Dec 2, 2012.

1. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

Anyone have one?

I got an AMAZING deal on one. Guy was asking $3,250; got him down to $2,700. Supposedly sells new for $5,000+ & its an '06. It's a PILOT Express. 18-footer.

It's been wrecked, but needs only minor repairs. Could use new tires. All lights work, brakes work.
    Dual 3,500LB axles.

Question is: Are they good? I've never heard of PILOT before, and I can't find reviews online.

This will be my first enclosed trailer so I'm pretty excited!
    I posted here because I need quick answers!
    Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GreenBlade

3. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Just from the description you wrote, I would not consider it. Don't let the joy and happiness of buying a trailer whether it be a enclosed or not tarnish your decision to buy a good trailer.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thats alot of trailer for just 3500# axles. You said its been wrecked and needs tires, hmmmm id pass.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If you already bought it why are you asking what people think now?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GreenBlade

I haven't bought it yet, but that's the offer that stands.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Figure the cost for repairs and a set of new tires ($400 plus) and see if there is enough savings over a new trailer to make it worthwhile for you to purchase. Everyone has their own criteria as to what constitutues a "good deal", so what to one person might be a pass situation, to another it might be worth buying.

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

but that would require he does a bit of research! He's after the fastest answer he can get. If he doesn't want to take the time to investigate a given brand to see whether it's good or not, he might as well buy whatever is out there. It never crossed my mind to get excited over buying a trailer. :dancing: :cool2:

9. Buy it. Great deal
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I would pass. 6 Year old enclosed trailer that has been wrecked. Would say 2k.