pine needles by truckload

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by stvnbc, Feb 27, 2008.

1. stvnbc

stvnbc LawnSite Member
    from NC

I recently stumbled across a property owner that has about 6 acres of long pine needles that average about 9-10 inches long. he told me I can use as many I want and can take them out by the truckload. Does anybody know how much a truckload of loose pine needles are selling for in NC or around the southeast? My son wants to start a little side business raking them up and reselling....to each their own.LOL

any help would be appreciated.

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you gonna bail them? Kind of pointless if you don't. We can buy a bail for $3.99 all day long so if you can come in less then that I would be interested in buying quite a few loads.

3. stvnbc

stvnbc LawnSite Member
    from NC

I should have been more detailed in my post. He wants to rake them up and sell them loose by the pickup load. There are a couple guys out of SC that sell them that way around Charlotte. He is 17 and is always looking to make a dime.

I am not sure it will be cost effective for him to bail them and have them shipped for just 1 season....I might look into that...

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah he's wasting his time. It wouldn't be cost effective to try and spread them around a flowerbed like that. Wish him luck.