Pine-sol effects with soil

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jul 22, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Here at the FD we have an "older" station. That is putting it not only as nicely as possible but probably a little too nice. Anyway, right out front we have a spot about 3' X 17.5'. The other guys have been dumping their used mop water here filled with pine-sol. This has been done atleast for a few months as they got lazy. What effects are we looking at and how hard would it be to fix it being we want to put some easy low maintenance NATIVE plants there to help with curb appeal. Make this place as liveable as possible? Last year I put down pinestraw and it made a difference. Now I would like to plant something, I have been here almost 2 years and there is no telling how much longer it will be before I get moved again so I don't mind putting down a few plants.

Thanks,

2. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

3. DeepGreenLawn

OK, I guess this is my old way of thinking? Basically pour pine-saw onto the soil and after about a month it will have no effect on the plants you plant them in?

4. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

I don't know.. I say plant plants in the spot they have been throwing it and see what happens... They might grow better, they might grow worse. :)

5. DeepGreenLawn

yeah, I guess it couldn't hurt too much. I guess at this point there is only one way to find out...

6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Plant some rhodies, hydrangea, azaleas. Pine-sol has a ph of 3-4...
    pine-sol msds

I would test the soil first. Have them start dumping it down the toilet instead of on the lawn.

7. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

44 thanks for injecting common sense into that post