Pinestraw in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by grassmasterswilson, Nov 11, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Nc guys. Anyone found a good reliable place for pinestraw that will deliver? With post Christmas being really slow I would love to try to keep crews busy with pine straw installation. Hoping I could find some long needle that was at wholesale price so I could pre order and get it delivered. I have a farm equipment shelter I could store it under and hopefully get it installed in 2 weeks or so.

Pm me if you got any connections.

2. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

What do you consider whole sale prices? I can't ever get below $4 per bale. This is high quality straw though. (fresh and very clean). This is for a tractor trailer full.

3. grassmasterswilson

from nc

I've never bought direct before but if I could presale a few hundred bales I have a temporary storage solution.

I don't have long term storage or need to buy a tractor trailer load so I buy at a "landscapers" price at a local garden center as needed. I pay between 4.90-5.25 depending on which garden space get and what they pay for the current load.

4. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

O, you should be able to get it for $4 if you're buying a few hundred. We can usually get ours for $5.25 delivered and spread. Granted I go back behind them and touch spots up but they roll the edges of the beds and tuck the curbing areas. Look on craigslist.

5. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

6. lawnsquadnc

lawnsquadnc LawnSite Member

I have a place down here in Apex that sells for $3.50 a bale. Its Triangle truck repair I don't have there phone number.

7. grassmasterswilson

from nc

I emailed them a couple of days ago after seeing you post. No reply yet

Biggest pet peeve ..... Don't have a website with email if u aren't going to use it!!!