Pinestraw

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jeffhendrix, Feb 3, 2006.

1. jeffhendrix

jeffhendrix LawnSite Member

How Much Do You Charge Per Bale To Straw Beds And What Do You Pay For A Bale Of Straw? We Pay Between $3 - $3.50 Per Bale And Charge $6.00 To Install

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

$3.50-$4.50
    and charge $9.00/bale

3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

up here wholesale is $6.00-$6.50 depending on nursery . thats why i get mine out of Georgia at $2.25 a bale,, minimum 100 bale an it gets cheaper at 500 see ya george

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

pay 3.50/bale here... charge residentials around 7.75, commercials a little less with hundreds or bales.

5. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

never spread any pine straw what kind of coverage do you get out of a bale? sqft?

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

about 25 sq feet depending on how thick

7. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

we usually figure 4-5 bales per cubic yard.

8. Duck Dodger

Duck Dodger LawnSite Senior Member

25 feet you should get alot more out of it than that. You should get on average 75-80 sq' per bail. i usually pay 2.00 per bail but have got it down to 1.50 before. I would charge at least $4 over your cost per bail. Most laborers will put out from 12-15 bails per hour in beds that have alot of shrubs and once you consider rolling your edges and clean up. All of that being said I try selling my customers mulch it last longer won't blow away in heavy winds and it gives back nutrients to the soil.

9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i pay 4.25 to 5.00 a bale. kind of hard to find here in Tampa.

10. North Ga

North Ga LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Hey Duck or baddboygeorge,Where do you get your Pine straw bales at those great prices?I tried sending you a Private message but some reason the site wont let me.