Pinestraw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A CUT ABOVE, Jun 20, 2000.

1. A CUT ABOVE

A CUT ABOVE LawnSite Member

Just wondering how much you guys that are using pine straw in beds are paying per bail?

2. Yo Jesup:<p>I think most guys here in Columbus, Ga area. Are paying about $2.00 - $2.50 per bale, if they are buying in quanities of 100 or more bales.<p>Just got to be careful it's been so dry, lots of sticks, pine cones & good ole Stickers in them.<p>BTW, How's yo Business Going?<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

what the heck is pine straw ??

4. Hello:<p>Pinestraw is what is used mainly for mulch, here in Georgia anyways. Don't know about other places?<p>Big market for Pinestraw, quite a few folks get awful rich gathering & selling pinestraw.<p>----------<br>GrassMaster - Home: www.lawnservicing.com<br>My Start Up Page www.lawnservicing.com/startup/

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think anybody up here in jersey uses that, i never seen any around exept for the stuff i clean out of people beds and yards with the leaves during fall cleanups. We just use root mulch mostly.

6. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

We are paying $3.40 small amounts.<br>North Carolina.<p><font size="1">Edited by: lawnnut

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You mean to tell me you don't have pine trees in Joisy? Pine straw is the needles that are normally green on the PINE TREE. When they fall off they are brown, they then get baled up like hay and sold for mulch in beds.................down here in the warmer climates, very common.<p>Now................what the heck is &quot;ROOT MULCH&quot;? I have a wierd visual thing going on here.<p>Homer

8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have found the mulch vs. pinestraw boundary runs right across the Virginia/North Carolina border. A friend of mine in NC puts down primarily pinestraw and just a bit of mulch and I do all mulch. I wish I could do only pinestraw, that stuff is so easy to spread and lightweight compared to mulch. And you can charge per bale (easy pricing).