Pipe Piper 230 for sale, $4000

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by waterwizardsllc, Mar 4, 2009.

1. waterwizardsllc

waterwizardsllc LawnSite Member

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Too expensive, but it was a great machine in its day.

3. waterwizardsllc

still a great machine! Atlantic in NY is getting 7K for them. the 230 hy. model.

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Water Wizard sorry I am not interested in the machine but I was hoping you could help me with something. My inlaws live in CT and they want me to put in a system for them. I was hoping you could tell me what CT requires for an irrigation system as far as type of back flow, permits, and anything else you could think of. Thanks in advance.

5. Wet_Boots

That same 7K gets you a decent used 255sx, so it's all relative. What engine is on it?

6. waterwizardsllc

its a 25HP Briggs and stratton. the 255 is nice, but is ee them as two different animals. the piper 230 is quick and small.

7. waterwizardsllc

depends here on town to town, to be safe install an RP backflow. 825Y or whichever you prefer. check with the town for permits, again, its town to town. some towns here let you install on the tree belt while other make you sign a waiver. some towns let you install a census meter on the system too to ofset the sewer bill.....

8. waterwizardsllc

i guess its only about 15-20 inches shorter than the 255sx.....so, ya, relative...

9. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

they are in Stamford and its on a well. what do you mean by tree belt?

10. Wet_Boots

I remember that the 230 originally came with a cast-iron Kohler (23 HP, natch)