pipe puller question

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by itteitj, Dec 7, 2004.

1. itteitj

itteitj LawnSite Member
    from RI

Will the Ditch Witch 100 sx pull a 1 inch poly pipe (100psi). Southern New England geographical area.

2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

never used one. but thier website says it will pull up to 3/4" pipe for irrigation. It looks a little light to me.

3. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I've used one to pull 1 inch poly. It was in a yard with some areas of rock. In the soft areas it did ok, not as nice as a Maxisneaker, but it worked. It was not so successful in the rock area and required a lot of digging to set some areas of the line.

They entire experience was less than satisfying, the darn thing worked me to death. I've use a Maxisneaker and an old Turfco and both were a lot less work than the DitchWitch 100.

4. Fatheroftwo

Fatheroftwo LawnSite Member

I use a 350sx to pull pipe in the south, but I've seen 100sx pull pvc pipe around here before up to 1 1/4. Just food for thought.

5. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

a DW 100 will be very limited even with 3/4 pipe after about 50' unless your lucky to be pulling in nice sandy soil. The heavier the better!
    Are you in the market for a machine? I might know of someone selling a DW255
    Shoot me an email we are also out of RI
    Paul
    P&G Irrigation
    pgsystems@cox.net