Pipes coming to surface

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jirrigation, Aug 12, 2010.

1. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL :laugh: If it did get inspected, some inspectors either do not look at all of it or they look the other way. payup

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

DC is pretty proud of their inspections, if they find something wrong then they get more money to drag the permits out... the wired thing the pipes only are coming up in the this one small section, the other exposed pipes are at least 18 inches down...

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

this is not out of the question, the earth is in a state of constant movement.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...saDHCg&usg=AFQjCNE9weBzuBWejI8Q7hBn4hilt_8ccA

:waving:

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I was already awake, but I heard it...

5. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Actually I have... on a 1,000 ft run using a remote hunter 4 valve controllers . The guy that low balled my maintenance contract didn't have a clue how to program them or even change the batteries.

Long story short; he disabled the zone, the ground turned into a fine silt like sand and everytime the LCO ran his tractor over the pipe, it forced silt down and the pipe came up.

When I did the installation, all the pipe (excepting the swing pipe to the rotors) was down 30" Now it's just below the surface in places.

Not this guys problem though. I'll bet he had ground water freeze and force the pipe up

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Never seen it happen in 30+ years of doing irrigation, but around here most plow PVC pipe in.

7. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmmm, maybe expansive clay?
    From what I understand clay can expand and contract by 40 to 50%.
    Never seen it push stuff out of the ground like that around here.