1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Piranha Mowers?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mvp services, Sep 17, 2007.

1. mvp services

mvp services LawnSite Member
    from Avon,CT

I have been using Toro mowers now for two years and love them. However, a new Toro 48" is about 3K and a Piranha is about 2K. Anybody ever used one? and, Will they stand up to commercial use?
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Built in China. Sold here under at least a half dozen different name brands.
    Havener, Redhawk, Piranha, Dixie Chopper, Landscaper Supply, Bradley, and several other names I can not remember right now.
    Remember, you get what you pay for.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Stay with Toro I agree you get what you pay for
  4. mvp services

mvp services LawnSite Member
    from Avon,CT

Thanks for the input and I think you're right. Always trying to save that buck, but I do admire quality.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If you have to get an economy mower my vote would be for the Quick 36.
    Me thinks the Piranha is a generic Wb that sells under other names as well, but look at the two...

They're both cheap machines, I wasn't impressed with either at first but I took a closer look.
    One thing that caught my attention was the technology that went into the Q36, whereas Piranha is just a copy, the Q-36 at least stands out on its own. And the mfg's post here on LS, so we at least know they're alive, there's no telling who and where with Piranha... The Q's makers believe in what they do and stand behind it 100% and it appears they're good about support, you know, if it's all about saving a dollar then at least get the best machine for the dollar.

As for me I'll stay with Toro, but I dare say that dollar for dollar the Q and the toro are comparable, they're not the same machine by a stretch, but for the price.