Piranha mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, Feb 19, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Are these mowers any good, the price is right?

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of them. A quick check of their website and I can tell you a thing or two about them.

It's the same mower that Landscaper Supply, Black Rock, Buyers Gold, Dixie Chopper, Red Hawk and who knows how many other have sold. The frame and deck are stamped out, in massive numbers, in China and then imported to whoever wants to buy them. Add on your own power, tranny and other odds and ends and sell them as your own.

The few reviews from owners that I've read have been positive for the most part. After all, a Peerless tranny is a Peerless tranny and a Kohler engine is a Kohler engine. Parts should be readily available from a whole slew of places.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have never seen one is real life, but from looking at the website it looks like a simple mower and appears to be well made, my only concern would be parts other than the more common engine parts and tranny parts...parts like control levers, rods, spindles and belts. The price does look really good though...very tempting.

4. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

It appears the highest price for the Piranha 48' is $2,099 (dual belt drive) that's (CHEAP)
    The BOP 44' is $2,695 for a (single) hydro drive, decisions, decisions ...
    If Piranha Mowers, haven't had any negative attacks so far I'd have to lean towards, cost cutting Piranha....Just my opinion...
    If I had money, I'd go (BOP)

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Hydro vs. Belt ..there is no thinking here ....save your body and get the hydro ! IMHO

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Well when you are talking belt vs single hydro, the belt looks better in my opinion...I tried one of those single hydros (Ferris) but I hated it.