1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pisa 2 seat wall?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GASPowered, Apr 9, 2013.

1. GASPowered

GASPowered LawnSite Member

Unilock lists seat walls as a possible application of Pisa 2. Anyone familiar with this block know how to pull this off? Can you split the back end exposing a face like the front or do you use the corner blocks some how?
  2. kandalawncaremgr

kandalawncaremgr LawnSite Member

Call Unilock. My rep is excellent here in Illinois for answering all of my questions. Not trying to be rude, just saying go to the people who make it and advertise it for the purpose you have the questions about.
  3. GASPowered

Thanks, I just called them and yes, they were very helpful. The answer is that Pisa 2 has not supported seat walls since they stopped making the reversible units.
  4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Its possible if you build a planter up against the back of it. But otherwise you would have to cut and split the back. Too much work, there are better choices.

Mike and CeCe party 009.jpg
  5. GASPowered

Yeah, I'm researching Oaks Ortana now. It looks a lot like Pisa2 but has a notch that when split creates the 2nd face.
  6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I used the Oaks at my cottage, looks identical to Pisa. The top of it is kinda weird though and the caps don't fit real nice.
  7. GASPowered

Do you have any pics?
  8. terracon

terracon LawnSite Member

For a two sided wall. Use Unilock Estate Wall. Nice wall. Looks great with ledgestone coping.
  9. BlockHead23

BlockHead23 LawnSite Member

I like the Anchor Highland FreeStanding wall. Two sided wall block with 3 different sizes. It gives it a nice look. Don't know what is available in your area tho
  10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Many of our seatwalls have been Unilock dimensional block, so easy to work and no corner pieces needed
    Posted via Mobile Device