Pit Bulls

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by hollywoodjoe, Apr 24, 2007.

1. hollywoodjoe

hollywoodjoe LawnSite Member

Called a new customer this morning to let her know i would arrive in a half hour to mow her back yard, she assured me she would have her 5 Pit Bulls in the house as she wasn't sure how they would react to me. Well i get back there and no dogs so i start mowing and out of the corner of my eye i see 5 Pits coming toward me.They are growling at the mower and surrounding me and one of the small ones takes a nip at me.I am dancing like a rodeo clown keeping the mower between me and the two largest ones,this goes on for 3 minutes till the lady comes and gets the dogs to back off and she says she is so sorry the kids let them out.The lawn is full of **** and rocks and sticks and shreaded paper from the dogs.Should i go back if she builds a place to keep them fenced in or just drop the job?

2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Life is too short . Hell with the ***** jobs. Recommend someone to her that you don't like.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If all of those dogs ran at me like that and somebody let them out, kids or not; all 5 of them would be dead. There are too many people that get hurt around those dogs, that's why they are banned in some areas.

4. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

Drop her........like you said there was crap all in the yard. Even if she makes a dog kennel they will still destroy the lawn when out. Not to mention the crap and torn up items in yard. This will be a nightmare for you. Besides, it is not worth it to risk your life because "the kids" let them out. This woman has no respect for you and that is no way to have a working relationship. You were lucky this time.....5 angry pit bulls + 1 man= one dead man
    When you drop her tell her that you "can not risk another mistaken encounter with her dogs".

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Man i hate em,think hard about it you lose a finger or foot then what.

6. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

go back and if you cant mow the back yard because of her dogs bill her for the full amount. I would assume you are mowing dirt if there are 5 pits in the yard. Surely there isnt much grass. take the weed eater and if they come at you dice them up!

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Drop her like a bad habit!!! I just got bit on my thigh a few hours ago by a german shepard. Came out of nowhere and thought I was I chew toy I guess. It had no collar and was dragging its broken leash. Thank god it didnt bite through my pants, so I am all good. The dog, not so much. I had a nice digging shovel in my hand, so I went to town swingin away. I laid him out good. Called the cops, filed a police report and am pressing charges. My leg hurts, but its not so bad. Next time a dog comes at me, that will be the last thing it ever does.

8. hollywoodjoe

hollywoodjoe LawnSite Member

well actually in the 5 dog situation they revert to animal instict and pack on you like you see wolves or coyotes.They spread out and attack from all sides,pits are very smart and very strong.When they they bite they lock jaws and shake closing eyes and will not let go.They can take down a full grown athelete and kill you.I need the work and the lady is hot but i guess i have to put my ****** on hold and use my brain.I say ban them bastard dogs.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

What person in their right mind has 5 pit bulls? :rolleyes:

10. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Its not the dogs fault its the owners for letting them get the way they are for attacking you......I have a pit mix and know of several other people that their pits are like little babies, would never harm a fly