1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PITA Customer / Bid too low

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by sancho_man_orlando, Aug 13, 2006.

1. sancho_man_orlando

sancho_man_orlando LawnSite Member

I had a job last week for 2 attorneys...

Weed 1200 sq ft of flower beds, 12 yds mulch, trim fruit trees, remove a "wooden potting area" = 1,200

I was there with another guy for 2 days weeding and mulching.

She e-mails me that I didn't remove her rose buses and she had wanted them removed. Funny thing is she asked me to trim them... and my guy removed a couple before I noticed and I told her and she said no problem... now she wants them removed...

She also says that I didn't trim a couple shrubs... uh, i didn't trim ANY shrubs... she asked for me to trim the fruit trees and some hibiscus plants... which I did.

What would you guys do?
  2. Turf Terror

Turf Terror LawnSite Member

Hire an attorney...j/k

I'd put it all in writing and have the customer sign for exactly what the job entails.
  3. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

I would go back and correct what she wants. I wasnt there but before you left did you ask her if all was what she expected? Regardless this one job could turn into future jobs and referrals. It may be a pain in the neck but it could bring more in the future. How you handle complaints can make or break you over the long haul.