PITA customer: drop or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southerncomfortlc, Jul 1, 2013.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

My experiences have been the exact opposite of what you describe. I can't remember any issues beyond some occasional delays due to "That's something I would like to run by my husband. There may be a bit of a delay.".

2. maplecreek

maplecreek LawnSite Member

I'd move on common sense tells me that and any person who wants you to mow in the rain is no good and doesn't care about there property! Better off to move on

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds to me like you've bent over backward to accomodate her and she's still not happy, time to pull the plug. It is frustrating when you go out of your way to please people and they still want to treat you like the "yard guy".

4. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, dump her. But I would also like to know what the hell bank you have that charges $15 for an out-of-state check and takes a week for it to clear? You are depositing it into your business account aren't you? If that's the case I would dump their ass too!

5. GreenscapesWV

GreenscapesWV LawnSite Member

Your near me i think we HAD twin customers in nc! Got rid of her quick. After she complained about all my work for the first 7 weeks whwn neighbors complimented it!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

If you are spraying for weeds why are there clovers
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I read the first line and realized that the PITA you need to get rid of is the bank...

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never heard of that but would be enough to get me to leave them. I've got a CU and checks are available at time of deposit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

+1 on dropping her, and drop the bank for a credit union.

I had some ladies dog bite me back when I worked for another company. I was heated! They're lucky you're probably a kind hearted dog lover like me and don't sue or complain to the town. I've heard in a lot of places if your dog bites someone three times, they'll make you have it put down. Not that you should act on any of this, trust me, karma is intense. But if it was your dog sitting in the truck while you mowed, that bit her, it'd be a different story! While I think bad dogs are rare, bad/stupid dog owners everywhere.

Try to explain yourself so as to not leave a bad taste in her mouth (some kind of excuse other than "because you're a pain in the ass") and move on.

10. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

100% Drop her.