1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pita customer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one and it pays good to work for him and the place is emaculate and always looks top shelf. but he always complains about something. mow to fast missed a piece in the bed. I mean one blade he called me. I think i am gonna give him th eboot the money is killer but the ulcers are killing me.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Start by mowing when he is not home.
  3. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

If the money is good then why the hell do you care if he is a PITA. I have some PITA's and half of them are my best customers. They are the ones that get flyers in the mail for $25.. when I'm charging them $40 and they don't switch because they like the way I do it. You need to learn it is just business. I used to get upset like you.. then once your company gets bigger you just naturally learn to deal with that stuff and it doesn't bother you.
  4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive fired ******* like that. Thought the money loss would bug me, but the fact that I didnt have to deal with the person more than made up for it.
  5. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I got this one customer, He pays top dollar, gets full service, pays 4 months in advance every 4 months. The only thing bad is he is always home and he comes out to talk every time I'm there for about 5-10 mins. I dont mind talking, but sometimes I get trapped. Sometimes he comes out 2 or 3 times while I'm there. :waving:
  6. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a good reason to raise his price. I have one like this that went from a $25 lawn to $30 then $40 because of constant nagging. Finally he shut up and leaves me alone because he has been through most cutters in the area. If he were to quit as I raised the price OH WELL ! I wanted to get rid of him anyway.
  7. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

Wow…. your money truck must be full to get rid of a top dollar customer. When your done with the work take him by his hand and walk the property with him to see anything that might be wrong, if so fix it, if all is ok and he still calls you, at least you know you did everything you could..