PITA homeowner.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KPW LawnCare, May 3, 2010.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I will be honest, I don't fire a lot of customers. My personality is such that the PITA customers will eventually become dissatisfied and when I hear the words I think I need to find someone else, I pipe up and say " I agree". Hey everyone in the service business hates to lose a customer but remember this, if they are truly a PITA and they leave, they are going to hire your competitor. That always gives me a warm feeling inside. And if the comp. don't last so long, you know you were spot on.
  2. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

^^^ This. Drop them.

I charge a minimum of $49 if I have to walk behind a 21" to get the back yard done. Add a minimum of $20 if you want it bagged. If they have a lock on it, they can either give you a key, leave the lock off or do it themselfs.
  3. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

Drop them. Speaking from experience.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I used to try and hold on to customers, it's not worth it. And then when you go over there to deal with that crap you always end up being mad at yourself, not the customer.
  5. KPW LawnCare

KPW LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Update went and cut it today and only cut the back once and didnt even bag it and they were super happy so I will see how if goes from there. But one thing that pissed my off is that some kid from my school who just strated went door to door and said he would cut it for 18 and they said no so idk.
  6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

18 bucks....?????? tell him to take it. RUN here is your out. RUN. RUN. 18 dollars to cut a lawn. Give me a break. My minimum was 30 bucks 10 years ago, now its 40 bucks. Unbelievable.