Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kartracer2000, Apr 9, 2008.

1. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

Not much of a thread, but, this lady emails me and wants me to submit a bid online to her for mowing. In the email it says that she wants it mowed a certain day and that if i cant that day because of the weather then she expects a call and that i will have to call her to set up an appointment to reschedule. I think, ok, i tell her i just have to come over and look at her lawn for a few minutes so i can accurately bid it and she says ok. I happen to be in the neighborhood so i stop by to look at the lawn. The lady sees me pull up and comes out of her house and she says i'm sorry, but, you dont have an appointment to look at the lawn. You will have to come back some other time. WTF? She works at a college and is one of those people that has a bunch of letters behind her name. I dont know if its even worth it.
  2. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

It's not worth it. Move along.
  3. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

You don't know if it's worth it ???

And you have to ask?? She will surely get estimates with a PITA surcharge added in, if she continues to act that way. BTW: ask her what her lawn need to do to get ready for "the appointment" ??!! :hammerhead:
    I'd be saying "NEXT" !!
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

run, dont walk away as fast as you can. shes trying to run your business already.
  5. kartracer2000

I still submit a bid, but, it was about twice as high as i normally would have charged so i doubt i will get it. which is fine. as far as the appointment thing goes when i showed up I flat out said to her, "are you serious?" like i said she has a phd and numerous other certifications so we should all bow down to her because she is better than all of us. :laugh::laugh:
  6. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

back truck into lawn. floor it.
  7. kartracer2000

even if i got it i wont take it. thanks for the reply guys!
  8. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

tell her she will need to make an appointment each time her lawn needs to be mowed. Then go egg her house tonight.
  9. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

Run Forest Run
  10. kartracer2000

lol, you guys make me laugh, thanks