Pix 6 weeks after aeration and overseeding

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by GripB, Oct 18, 2004.

1. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

Thought I would share pictures of the results of 1st aeration and overseeding. Lawn is 3 years old.

B.T.W. - Thanks to Drew Gemma of Gemm Landscaping for all your knowledge and help!!
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Very nice grip, very nice...............
  3. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

Thanks. I rented a 48" Lesco pull-behind aerator and overseeded with a 50/50 mix of perennial rye and kentucky blue. Well worth the effort! :drinkup:
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

What?! No before pics?!?! :p

Looks great though! You should put that Lazer to work and make some money! payup

5. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

Yeah I thought of the "before" pictures as I was posting the "after". I have previously posted some striping pictures, but it was with a different camera and the pictures are too small.
    p.s. - Honestly, if I could quit tomorrow and make the $$ I do currently, I would give that Lazer some more work. The good thing about using it just to cut my own lawn is that it keeps the hours low for when I'm ready to sell and get a full size 27 hp 60" Lazer :p :blob3:
  6. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Looks awesome Grip!

7. blaze21

blaze21 LawnSite Member

How much property do you cut? I'm in the market for a new mower and I have 2 acres. I'm wrestling over which ZTR I want (deck size and horse power). I'm pretty sure I want an Exmark.
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That's some nice work, very nice lawn you have there.
  9. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

I have 2 1/4 acres and I cut 2 acres. I'm very satisfied with the Lazer Z HP with the 23 hp & 52" deck but I'm upgrading to a Lazer Z with a 27hp & 60" deck because I'm going to be assisting with cutting my parents lawn in the near future.
  10. blaze21

blaze21 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick response. Do you mind if I ask you what you paid for the 52"/23 ZHP? I called a dealer by me yesterday and he wants $7800 for a bare-bones 52"/23 ZHP. Given that this is the end of the season, is this a good price or is it high?
    All your info is greatly appreciated.