Pizza Marketing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Petr51488, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You guys know how alot of people get pizza? And how they get those coupons from the the pizza place on the side of the box? I was wondering if anyone put their flyer/door hanger slipped into the box with the coupons? i was thinking of doing this for next season. The door hangers are the perfect size to slip them in.. Any ideas or thoughts on this ?

2. Petr51488

from NJ

No one at all?

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

someone on this site did that with a very poor return, I think it was mtdman but I'm not sure. Hard to control marketing to the right people.

4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is a good idea. I was thinking of offering a "dinner on me one night a month" deal. If you know a pizza guy, I think most large 1 item pizzas can be had at cost for $3.00. The dilevery areas are pretty tight and concentrated, they can attach your door hanger/flyer on every box going out, or work out a deal on hanging the door hangers and split the costs.

5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I printed up some "have a pizza on TWINS Lawn Care" coupons, and give them out to new or potential customers for a free pizza. I work it through a local guy who owns a pizza place, and it helps both of us out, as we most likely both get new customers. it usually will work a lot better with a small local owned pizza place, rather than a pizza hut type place.

it's different, and worked for us, but may not work everywhere.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I do work for a bed and breakfast. I exchange with them to place flyers for a super rate. Then durring the christmas season I give a cupon good for one night including dinner and breakfast. Costs me around 25-30 bucks and has landed me several higher quality clients rather than joe the pizza hound.

7. Petr51488

from NJ

You talk about a small place.. I was thinking the same thing.. this place is a small owned shop.. but i see alot of people ordering from this place. They delilver in our area including other surrounding towns. THe thing is, my town is located in the middle.. and all the other towns are within 2 minutes of driving.. so its pretty good knowing that i won't have to travel more than 3 minutes to a job. - Peter

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Win a Free Book 'Start & Run A Landscape Business' and Business Consulting Services Here </font></marquee>

Hi Petr51488,

A little while back we put together this pizza marketing flyer. Maybe it will inspire you.

You can download it here.

[​IMG]

9. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks gopher.. But i dont really want to print out more flyers. I have about 2000 door hangers that i want to put into the boxes.. Basically they do all the work.. lol

10. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I started a computer service business when I got out of college and I advertised on pizza and burger delivery boxes. That was my only advertising and I got a ton of calls. I don't know if it would work as well with lawn care, because the customer base is different and back then, there wasn't anyone else doing computer work in town (there still isn't really, but I HATE that work).

The upside is that you can do quarter sheets on plain colored paper (not card stock). If you pay for the printing and include the usual pizza coupons on there too, you can probably get them stuck on the boxes for free. That's what I did. It cost me next to nothing, so it couldn't hurt to try.

I may try that again, now that you mention it. Maybe.