PJ dump trickle charge not working, hardwiring to truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pitrack, Jan 15, 2013.

1. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I was planning on doing! Except I was just going to run from my truck batter, fused on both ends, instead of from my alternator.

My did the same thing, when I first got it I could dump all day now I am lucky if I get 2-3 before it needs a charge.
  2. 711SnoPro

711SnoPro LawnSite Member

Had the same problems with our pj gooseneck dump we use for snow. Wired in 1 gauge wires to one of the batteries with a 150 amp fuse and did the plug in on the bumper and it was the best thing ever. Before that I was putting a gas generator in the pickup box with a charger plugged in to keep the stupid battery charged haha

On my new pickup I had the guys that put the gooseneck hitch on do the same thing except had them put the power plugin for the hydraulic motor right by the 7 way plug in the box for the gn trailer wiring. I was starting to have corrosion problems even with a cover on it so putting it in the box should keep it clean. I can try to get a pic tomorrow.
  3. pitrack

Good to hear! Did you hook up a ground as well or just run a power wire from your battery?

Pics would be great.
  4. pitrack