PJ... Hydro oil?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I know another hydro oil question :) We talked about using Mobil 1 15-50instead of dino oil and the hustler additive. Does the synthetic Switch hold true for all synthetic brands or is there something special about Mobile 1? I'm thinking Mobil 1 is just the more popular brand and that is why other manufacturers are using it, but with their crazy pricing lately and the fact I found a place that has a great deal on Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic. I'm assuming Pennzoil 15-50 full synthetic will work as well.

Please confirm so I can run out and buy all the cases I can get my hands on :) I'm scared to put just anything in these costly Hydro's and do not want to avoid warranty because I saved $3 a quart on oil.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would think that would be fine also, you still do not add Lubrizol.
    I will ask to make sure.
    Pj

3. PFHunter

PFHunter LawnSite Member

What is Lubrizol?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Lubrizol is a additive we use our oil in our hydro system, you do not use this with synthetic oil.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Soupy,
    Here is the exact wording from our service manager.
    "It is ok to use a 15-50 full synthetic oil as long as it is a major brand oil. Other unknown brands of oil could be refined in other countries and may not have the same properties as US refined oils."