PJ Please Respond

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by puppypaws, Apr 30, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

PJ, talk about this problem, as you can see this man says he will never buy another Hustler while personally I would not own another mower. There has to be a difference that needs to be addressed for him as well as all the potential customers for Hustler.

Originally Posted by puppypaws
    PJ says they upgraded the pulleys in the last year, how long ago did you replace your last one. I am just trying to figure out if this is still an on going problem.

Its got to be an on going problem, its a disposable part with no grease fitting. Water, dirt, heat, all takes it toll. I don't always buy Hustler parts. I stock idler pulleys and change out when I think they are too loose, before I have a problem. Keep an eye on your idler arm and pulley for your hydro belt. That is a poor design, on mine anyway. My machine is 4 years old and I have spent several thousand dollars in repairs. Its been a learning experience. It will be a very long time before I ever buy another Hustler. If you buy a new machine every year, then you will by-pass a lot of my problems.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure who is posting this originally, but they certainly can talk to their dealer or email me also.

Pj

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

It was posted by [gene gls]
    LawnSite Bronze Member

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Just blew my first idler pulley on my oldest Super Z at 1300 hrs not bad!

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok.
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.